Recruitment Associate (2 Positions)
General Job Description:
The primary function of the Recruitment Associate is to provide support and feedback to the BSC’s efforts to recruit and retain our targeted demographics.
Specific Job Duties:
- 1. Execute a plan for BSC participation in recurring marketing opportunities as outlined in the Recruitment Plan.
- 2. Ensure that a recruitment table is staffed at locations selected in the Recruitment Plan (e.g. the Education Opportunity Program, the Basic Needs Center) at least twice a week.
- Provide training to EOP/USP Peer Academic Counselors as requested
- 3. Manage BSC presence (e.g tabling and tabling supplies) at the centers mentioned in the Recruitment Plan (e.g. Gender Equity Resource Center, Transfer Student Center, and Multicultural Community Center).
- Host workshops as necessary about the BSC and application process.
- Advertise recruitment events
- 4. Provide feedback to the Recruitment Coordinator on upcoming events, recruitment opportunities and adjustments to the annual recruitment plan.
- 5. Collect and analyze data on the effectiveness of different recruitment activities and propose changes that reflect a data-driven approach to recruitment.
- Ensure that email addresses of prospective members are collected at all recruitment activities, and are then compiled for follow-up email communication about upcoming opportunities to learn more about the BSC.
- 6. Other duties as assigned by the Recruitment Coordinator and/or Housing Supervisor.
Required skills/knowledge for job performance:
- 1. Familiar with campus and student life at UC Berkeley.
- 2. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including some public speaking experience.
- 3. The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of prospective members with different backgrounds and concerns about living in BSC housing.
- 4. Ability to prioritize and adjust work plans in order to focus on activities that will have the most recruitment benefit in light of changed circumstances at any given time.
- 5. The ability to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to secure the maximum recruitment benefit from the activities of others.
- 6. The ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team.
Preferred skills/knowledge for job performance:
- 1. Familiar with campus and student life at other Bay Area institutions of higher education.
- 2. Knowledge of BSC organizational structure.
- 1. Must have lived in the BSC at least one semester.
- 2. Must be a BSC member.
- 3. Must commit to work on key event dates planned for the semester.
- 4. Must be available to table during times specified by EOP .
Term of job: Academic Semester (Fall & Spring Only)
Hours per week: Average of 5 hours/week
Basic pay rate: Fulfills Workshift Requirement
Hired by: Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Cooperative Experience Manager
Terms and Conditions of Employment: BSC Personnel Code