General Job Description: Pack, prepare and inventory meat, cheese, lunch meat, tofu, and frozen food orders.
Required Scheduling Availability: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am - 12pm
- Weigh, slice, and package lunch meat and cheese orders for house delivery.
- Supervise Meat and Cheese workshift assistants.
- Pack all lunch meat, cheese, meat, frozen, and tofu products.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and organized working areas and tools, including refrigerators and freezers, tables, counters, cutting boards, knives, and slicing machine. Report maintenance needs to CFS Supervisor.
- Produce accurate receiving, order processing, and inventory records; report discrepancies to CFS Supervisor.
- Maintain physical inventory by rotating, trimming, and discarding spoiled goods.
- Process periodic inventory reports for CFS Supervisor.
- Keep slicing machine and CFS knives clean, sanitized, and in good working order.
- Maintain accurate records of packed goods.
- Clean delivery bins as necessary.
- Be responsible for security of the office, work area, and refrigerators when other crews are not working.
- Assist other CFS workers when necessary.
- Other duties as requested by the CFS Supervisor or Assistant CFS Supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to use and clean sharp instruments safely.
- Well organized, reliable, responsible, and insistent on cleanliness.
- Ability to weigh and count accurately and keep accurate records.
- Willingness to supervise and train others
- Willingness to work with cold and frozen items, including animal products.
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- Must be an eligible BSC member for the term of job.
Term of Job: Indefinite; Fall & Spring Semesters Only
Hours Per Week: 12 hours per week
Hired By: Hiring Committee
Supervised By: CFS Supervisor
Compensation: Current Workshift Rate
Working Conditions by: Personnel Code