General Job Description
Operations Crew members are responsible for assisting the Operations Team by completing various unit-level and central office improvement projects as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
- 1. Perform improvement projects including, but not limited to, deep cleaning, painting, landscaping projects, and organizational projects at the unit-level and central office.
- 2. Assist with preparing units for seismic retrofit and capital improvement projects.
- 3. Be on call to assist with projects as they arise.
- 4. Must attend all required training as scheduled by the Operations Supervisor.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance
- 1. Willingness to complete a diverse array of cleaning and improvement projects.
- 2. Must be reliable and punctual.
Preferred Skills/Knowledge for Job Performance
- 1. Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- 2. Ability and willingness to move heavy furniture repeatedly.
- 3. Cleaning and maintenance skills preferred.
Entry Level Experience/Education Required
- 1. Experience cleaning in commercial facilities or in the co-op preferred.
- 1. Must be a BSC member for the term of the job.
- 2. Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 3. Weekday availability and availability between contract periods preferred.
Term of job: One academic year (may be extended based on performance)
Expected Hours per week: 10
Basic pay rate: Hourly; $15.00 per hour
Hired by: Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Operations Supervisor
Working Conditions By: BSC Personnel Code
Created: Summer 2016