General Job Description: Oversee packing, delivery, and inventory of non-perishables and supplies; supervise non-perishable packing and delivery crews.
Required Scheduling Availability: Tuesday and Thursday strongly preferred; Monday & Wednesday afternoon also acceptable.
- Coordinate receiving of non-perishables and supplies; report possible discrepancies to CFS Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor.
- Ensure all work areas are orderly, safe, and clean, including delivery vehicles.
- Lead a team of workshifts to pack and deliver non-perishables, supplies, coffee, tea, spices, kitchenware, and occasionally, furniture, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. items from CFS to houses on Thursdays.
- Maintain organized and complete delivery records.
- Drive safely and courteously; in accordance with BSC Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Be responsible for security of the office, work area, and refrigerators when other crews are not working.
- Perform other duties as requested by CFS Supervisor or Assistant CFS Supervisor.
- Lead a crew to procure large quantities of key items directly from Costco.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Well organized, reliable, responsible
- Ability to count accurately and keep accurate records
- Ability to work well with people in a team situation
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good judgment, e.g. for substitutions, quality, shelf-life, etc.
- Willingness to supervise and train others
- Able to drive truck; valid driver's license; good driving record
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- Must be an eligible BSC member for the term of job.
Term of Job: Indefinite; Fall & Spring Semesters Only
Hours Per Week: 9 hours per week
Hired By: Hiring Commission
Supervised By: CFS Supervisor
Compensation: Current Workshift Rate
Working Conditions By: Personnel Code