III.C. North American Cooperative Community
From BSC Policy
(Redirected from III.C. NORTH AMERICAN COOPERATIVE COMMUNITY)Jump to navigationJump to search
III.C.1. BSC-NASCO Relationship
- 1.01 All new BSC members will be charged the NASCO (North American Students of Cooperation) membership fee.
- 1.02 The BSC may help actively any group interested in forming their own co-op; this resolution will not be construed as binding the BSC into financial obligations.
- 1.03 The BSC will send as many people to NASCO institute as the budget permits.
- 1.04 BSC attendance and funding guarantees will be regulated as follows:
- A. The current BSC President is always eligible to attend NASCO Institute, regardless of previous attendance
- B. Funding will be guaranteed for up to one member of NASCO Board to attend NASCO institute
- C. Other members are not guaranteed funding for the NASCO institute
- 1.05 NASCO Institute Attendee Selection Criteria
- A. Each ETCom will individually decide on eligibility criteria before publicizing NASCO Institute applications each cycle and will assist in the distribution of this information as much as possible
- B. Criteria are as follows (but are not limited to these)
- i. Demonstrated BSC involvement
- ii. Cooperative knowledge
- iii. Commitment to give back to the community
- iv. Demonstrated possession of, desire and willingness to share relevant cooperative organizational and personal skills, knowledge and experiences at NASCO Institute
- v. Demonstrated interest and involvement in strengthening the BSC-NASCO relationship
- vi. Presenting members will be strongly considered
- C. ETCom will select the remaining NASCO Institute attendees by apportioning 20% of available spots to members with 0-1.00 points; 40% of available spots for members with 1.25-4.00 points; and 40% of available spots for members with 4.25-above points
- D. Attending members should be anonymously ranked using the most financially feasible, available and fair technologies
- 1.06 Manager and Staff Attendance
- A. A staff person will be chosen by STeam (Supervisors Team) to attend the NASCO Staff and Manager Conference and NASCO Institute annually
- B. The BSC will also fund either the ED or the OM to attend NASCO Institute on a rotating basis
III.C.2. NATIONAL CO-OP BANK
- 2.01 We have a contract with the National Coop Bank to provide technical assistance to other coops. The Bank would fund on a case-by-case basis. We have the ability to refuse to provide assistance.
III.C.3. CALIFORNIA COOPERATIVE FEDERATION
- 3.01 The BSC shall join the California Cooperative Federation, paying the $100 annual fee.
III.C.4. VISITING CO-OPERS
- 4.01 Co-opers from other NASCO co-ops may get 3 days of free room and board if they are visiting in the area and a unit is willing to host them.
[Last updated 11/2/2015]