I.A.10. CONDUCT COMMITTEE CHAIR
The chief responsibility of the Conduct Committee Chair is to ensure that the decision-making processes of the Conduct Committee are fair, procedurally sound, efficient, sensitive to the member, and well-documented. The ConCom Chair must train the ConCom members, make necessary preparations before each meeting, and fulfill a number of responsibilities to the Board that occur after each meeting.
- 1. Chair all meetings of the Conduct Committee.
- 2. Ensure meetings are run according to policy while maintaining confidentiality and respect for members and their situations.
- 3. Prior to the ConCom training:
- a. Obtain training in meeting facilitation and, if possible, group dynamics, sensitivity, etc.
- b. Obtain a strong understanding of BSC parliamentary procedure and conduct policies.
- c. Read exit documents, and review the minutes from the previous semester.
- d. Meet with the CXM and Conduct Member Advisor and together form the ConCom schedule for the semester
- e. Update the training documents.
- f. Initiate communications with ConCom Members and the AA.
- 4. Prior to each meeting:
- a. Fulfill screening committee responsibilities.
- b. Review the policy sections which may apply to the cases that will be heard.
- 5. After each meeting:
- a. Obtain the minutes from the AA.
- b. Summarize the minutes.
- c. Ensure that the minutes are properly archived.
- 6. Attend portions of Board, Cabinet, or other committee meetings as required by policy and when otherwise necessary.
- 7. Forward to the VPET recommendations for policy changes whenever the need for such changes becomes apparent.
- 8. Compile and publish an exit document for your successor, and attach all training materials.
- 9. Maintain the database of ConCom cases and decisions
- 10. Assist the Cooperative Experience Manager with transcribing pre-hearing interviews.
- 11. Track ConCom committee member attendance at trainings and meetings, and report absences to the Operations Assistant no later than 24 hours after the absence occurred.
Term of position: Indefinite (Fall, Spring and Summer)
Supervisor: Cooperative Experience Manager
Hired by: Hiring Committee
Expected hours per week: 5
Eligibility: Must be a eligible member of the BSC and may not be an executive or member of the Board of Directors.
Requirements: Experience with meeting facilitation preferred.
Working conditions: Personnel Code