The Housing Assistant is responsible for assisting the Housing Department during the Summer and Fall assignment process. They assist with administrative duties associated with the application/assignment process and acts in a back-up capacity to ensure continuous office coverage in the Housing Department.
Job Maintenance Tasks
1. Perform data-entry, create spreadsheets, make copies, file, prepare mailings and conduct other routine office work as necessary.
2. Process applications, requested changes to applications, and prepare contracts.
3. Back up support staff by answering phones and working the front counter during open hours, including taking housing payments, when necessary.
4. Back up the support staff by corresponding with applicants, members, and potential applicants via email when necessary.
5. Assist other departments as necessary.
6. Other tasks as assigned by the Housing Supervisor and/or Assistant Housing Supervisor.
Relationship with Board/Membership
Provide information and answer inquiries from houses, applicants, members, and the public regarding Housing operations and direct other questions to the appropriate department.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance
1. Must be pleasant, patient, and good with the public.
2. Must have good office skills.
3. Must type 50 wpm.
4. Ability to work in hectic office situation.
5. Ability to follow directions and learn quickly.
6. Must have some computer experience including experience with Excel and Microsoft Office.
Entry Level Experience/Education Required
Must be a BSC member for the term of job.
Work is performed in a normal office environment and requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, 10-key calculator, and engage in repetitive motions.
Term of Job: March through July
Hours per Week: 17 (2011 Only)
Basic Pay Rate: Hourly; Workshift Rate
Hired by: Hiring Commission
Immediate Supervisor: Housing Supervisor
Working Conditions By: BSC Personnel Code
Created: Spring 2011
To be Reviewed: Fall 2011