Content Creation Lead
The Content Creation Lead works under the direction of the Development Director and with the Social Media Manager to design and execute the BSC’s social media strategy across multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Youtube. The Content Creation Lead would be expected to undertake independent content creation projects to showcase the BSC and work in conjunction with committees to create media materials for marketing, recruitment, fundraising, etc. An ideal candidate would be comfortable becoming an “influencer” for the BSC. This position will also work to engage the BSC membership community and interface with unit-level social managers towards content creation. Applicants selected for an interview are encouraged to share links to social media pages or portfolios that demonstrate their experience.
- Passion for the BSC mission; strong personal drive to complete projects and produce results.
- Willingness to balance creativity and quality with the practical need to meet regular, consistent publication.
- Excellent analytical, time-management, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills; knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier. Experience with photography and videography; broad knowledge of audio-visual equipment and operation.
- Interest in learning social media management tools like Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or HubSpot.
- The position is open only to eligible BSC members.
HOURS/PAY: This is a 8-10 hours/week position, depending on the applicant's availability. The position is compensated with a rent credit stipend at $18.00/hour and fulfills your five-hours/week work shift requirement. Apartment dwellers and Summer residents will receive an additional rent credit stipend (at $18/hour), as this job does not replace the workshift requirement at the apartments or during the Summer. If for whatever reason this job begins mid-semester, the stipend will be prorated.