Central-Level Habitability Coordinator
General Job Description:
The Central-Level Habitability Coordinator executes portions of the BSC Habitability Program.
- 1. Supervise and support Unit-Level Habitability Coordinators.
- 2. Develop unit-level habitability workshop content in collaboration with the Operations Supervisor. This workshop should engage with issues of the devaluation of domestic labor and habitability as anti-oppression.
- 3. Coordinate habitability workshops for each unit and assist with facilitating them as needed.
- 4. Conduct habitability re-inspections as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
- 5. Support Unit-Level Habitability Coordinators in developing and maintaining lists of projects.
- 6. Support Unit-Level Habitability Coordinators in tracking habitability correction workshift hours and fines.
- 7. Ensure that each Unit-Level Habitability Coordinator completes and submits a document outlining on-going habitability issues and unit-specific habitability information prior to move-out.
- 8. Assist Operations Supervisor with vendor coordination as needed.
- 9. Support Unit-Level Habitability Coordinators in the creation of signage and educational resources related to habitability and compile a resource library of materials.
- 10. Advise Unit-Level Habitability Coordinators in design improvements and/or reorganization of common areas to improve habitability, in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor.
Relationship with Board/Membership:
- 1. Provide information and answer inquiries from houses, members, and public regarding bookkeeping operations.
- 2. Consult with Board and committees on various policies as necessary.
- 3. Keep relevant statistics and report to Board and management as necessary.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance:
- 1. Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- 2. Ability to work independently.
Preferred Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance:
- 1. Experience leading training sessions, facilitating meetings/workshops, or teaching.
- 2. Experience as a Unit-Level Manager in the BSC.
- 3. Entry Level Experience/Education Required.
Must be a BSC member for the term of job.
Term of Job: One semester (may be extended based on performance).
Expected Hours per Week: 12
Basic Wage Range: Workshift Rate
Hired By: Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Operations Assistant
Working Conditions By: BSC Personnel Code
Created: Spring 2020