CFS Operations Leader
General Job Description: The CFS Operations Leader coordinates the efforts of the Produce, Proteins, and Dairy Coordinators; they are responsible for the successful execution of all CFS receiving and packing processes.
Required Scheduling Availability: Three days a week, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 1 pm
- Produce accurate receiving, order processing, and inventory records in a timely manner.
- Maintain physical inventory by rotating, trimming, and discarding spoiled goods.
- Record damage or lost items; work with CFS Supervisor to implement new workflows to reduce the incidence of loss, damage, and theft.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and organized working areas and tools, including refrigerators, freezers, and any work surfaces.
- Report equipment or facilities maintenance needs to CFS Supervisor.
- Complete Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Safety Checklists.
- Ensure refuse, recycling, compost, and other materials flow out of the facility in an organized and consistent manner.
- Help CFS Supervisor coordinate and schedule cleanliness tasks.
- Train CFS workshifters and new student staff in the full range of CFS work processes.
- Identity inventory anomalies, delivery shorts, mis-deliveries, or vendor mis-picks, at the point of receiving; coordinate with CFS Supervisor and Contract & Purchasing Agent to process credits and returns as necessary.
- Be responsible for security of the office, work area, and refrigerators when other crews are not working.
- Other duties as requested by the CFS Supervisor or Assistant CFS Supervisor.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to use and clean sharp instruments safely.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Reliability, responsibility, and an eye for cleanliness
- Ability to weigh and count accurately and keep accurate records.
- Willingness to supervise and train others
- Willingness to work with cold and frozen items, including animal products.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in foodservice operations
- Experience supervising others and leading a team
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- Must be an eligible BSC member for the term of job.
Job Term: Indefinite; Fall & Spring Semesters Only
Hours Per Week: 15 hours per week
Hired By: Hiring Committee
Supervised By: CFS Supervisor
Compensation: Workshift Rate
Working Conditions by: Personnel Code