Assistant Housing Supervisor
General Job Description:
The Assistant Housing Supervisor assists the Housing Supervisor as necessary, and acts as Housing Supervisor in their absence.
Job Maintenance Tasks:
- Back up support staff by answering phones and working the front counter during open hours, including taking housing payments.
- Correspond with members, applicants, and potential applicants via email.
- Address member concerns/inquiries about Housing operations and/or direct them to the appropriate department.
- Process applications and record requested changes to applications.
- Process deposit refund requests and send appropriate documentation to and coordinate with the Bookkeeping Department.
- Maintain waiting lists and membership files, (including points and houselists).
- Assign members/applicants to units and prepare and process contracts, (including mid-semester vacancies).
- Process cancellations including maintaining cancellation lists, preparing charges, and forwarding appropriate documentation to and coordinating with the Bookkeeping Department.
- Prepare and process boarder contracts and maintain boarder lists.
- Prepare and process the on-line reservation system each semester.
- Prepare and send miscellaneous mailings including mass email notifications to the membership.
- Compose and update forms and letters as necessary.
- Assist with apartment bid night.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager, Bookkeeping and other departments as necessary.
- Assist with the training and supervision of the Receptionists and workshifters each term.
- Maintain, update and improve Housing information on the BSC website.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the Housing Supervisor.
Relationship with Board/Membership:
- Provide information and answer inquiries from houses, applicants, members, and the public regarding Housing operations and direct other questions to the appropriate department.
- Assist house managers in maintaining house lists, doing room bids, etc.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance:
- Knowledge of co-op policies and procedures regarding applications and assignments.
- Consistent attention to detail and ability to complete accurate work.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
- Ability to organize work assignments, establish priorities, develop appropriate recommendations and solutions, and ensure completion of multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal, customer service, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students and staff from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Must be able to supervise large numbers of part-time workers.
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm.
- Must have strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel and databases).
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- Four years of college or equivalent experience working in a college environment.
- One year general office experience.
- One year of advanced level Microsoft Office, Excel and database experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer service.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Work is performed in a normal office environment and requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, 10-key calculator, and engage in repetitive motions.
Term of Job: Indefinite
Expected Hours per Week: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Basic Pay Rate: Hourly, Level 9-13
Hired by: Staff Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Housing Supervisor