Anti-Oppression Education Coordinator
1. The Anti-Oppression Education Coordinator (AOEC) works to support BSC unit-level and central-level education designed to increase members’ awareness and understanding of systems of oppression and related issues including but not limited to:
- Gender Discrimination
- Oppression based on legal status in the US.
2. The AOEC will be tasked with building a list of and maintaining relationships with a variety of facilitators that provide expertise in a wide variety of key issues.
3. The AOEC will also be responsible for coordinating all workshops and facilitators for unit-level anti-oppression workshops. Topics for workshops include:
- Disability Awareness
- Harm Reduction (Social/Party safety)
4. In conjunction with ETCom and the Cooperative Experience Manager, the AOEC will also be responsible for creating a feedback mechanism for individual workshops/facilitators to ensure the BSC is able to consistently improve the quality of facilitation and anti-oppression educational programming.
The applicant should have excellent organizational skills, as well as strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. The applicant must be able to work independently and be able to offer and receive feedback constructively. The successful applicant must demonstrate a commitment to violence prevention, anti-oppressive and social justice work and be willing to seek additional training. The applicant must be comfortable speaking in public. Some teaching or facilitation experience (for example, deCal facilitation) is required. You cannot be on the Board of Directors or hold a compensated unit-level manager position and hold a central level job. You must be a BSC member to hold this position.
This position will be compensated at the workshift rate of $18/hour up to 60 hours per contract period.