XIII. AMENDMENTS OF BYLAWS
From BSC Policy
Jump to navigationJump to search
- XIII.A. These Bylaws may be adjusted, amended or repealed in the following manner:
- 1. By a vote of the membership in which 50% of the members have voted. In order to change a Bylaw, 60% of those casting votes must approve. If a quorum is not met, the Board of Directors shall, by a simple majority, be able to direct a second election.
- 2. By the assent of the majority of the members of the corporation, as evidenced by their signatures on any petition or other document enumerating the Bylaws to be adjusted, amended, or repealed.
- 3. By a vote of the majority of a quorum at a member meeting duly called for the purposes of adopting, repealing or amending these Bylaws.
- 4. By two-thirds majority vote, or more, of the total number of the Board of Directors, providing that twenty-five days written notice is given to all voting members of the Board of Directors (this notice can be waived by the unanimous consent of the entire Board of Directors); provided further that any Bylaws fixing or changing the number of Directors may be adopted, amended or repealed only in pursuance of sections 1 and 2 of this article; and provided that the adoption, amendment or repeal of any Bylaws by the Board of Directors shall be subject to the power of the members to change or repeal the Bylaws in the manner duly prescribed herein.
[Membership approved 3/19/15.]