Difference between revisions of "XI: Guests"
m (add policy and adcode categories)
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
Latest revision as of 01:05, 28 July 2021
1. A unit is a BSC House or Apartment.
2. A member is a person with a current BSC housing contract.
3. A guest is a person who is present at a unit but is not a member or an approved Northside non-member roommate.
4. A fish is a person staying at a unit in violation of AdCode section XI.B.2.
- a. A fish is member-hosted when the fish is staying in the room of a member.
- b. A fish is unit-hosted when the fish is staying in unit common spaces or unassigned rooms.
1. No one may be an overnight guest at a unit for more than a total of 7 days falling within one contract period unless given permission by unit council.
2. No one may be an overnight guest at a unit for more than a total of 14 days per contract period.
3. No member or unit may host an overnight guest who violates section XI.B.2. with the exception of approved Northside non-member roommates.
4. A member may not have a guest in their room if a roommate of the member objects to the guest's presence.
5. Unit council may charge guests for services provided, and the guest must pay any fees directly to the unit.
6. No former member whose contract was terminated by the BSC may be an overnight guest or a Northside non-member roommate.
7. No former member whose contract was terminated by the BSC for violent or disruptive behavior may be a guest or a Northside non-member roommate.
a. Any member who has violated section XI.B.3. must be fined an amount equal to the charges that the fish would have ordinarily paid the BSC for a non-rent sharing contract., prorated from the beginning of the term to the date the fish vacates the unit as determined by the Operations Team.
b. Any unit that has violated section XI.B.3 must be fined an amount equal to the charges that the fish would have ordinarily paid the BSC for a non-rent sharing contract, prorated from the beginning of the term to the date the fish vacates the unit as determined by the Operations Team. Additionally, the account of the unit must be charged a fine equal to the product of two times the workshift rate and the occupancy of the unit.
c. Managers subject Central-Level Support & Supervision of Unit-Level Managers policy who fail to promptly report guest policy violations are subject to the penalties stated in Policy III.A.3.
a. The Operations Team must send a notice of violation to the unit or unit member violating section XI.B.3. (as determined by the investigation process). This notice must inform the party in violation that the fish must either vacate the unit or, if one is available, sign a housing contract, and that this must happen no later than 15 days following receipt of the notice.
- 1. If a unit member does not comply within 15 days, a termination of contract procedure is initiated for the unit member.
- 2. If a unit does not comply 15 days after the receipt of violation notice, the unit is fined a product of the workshift rate and occupancy.