VI.K. Co-Oper of the Month Award
General Information: An award for “Co-oper of the Month” will be awarded to at least two but no more than four members throughout each Fall and Spring semester (months include: August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April). Any member can be nominated by anyone in their unit as well as by anyone in the BSC. Members can be nominated any time throughout the semester for demonstrating outstanding behavior. The VPET shall notify all managers by email about the Cooper of the Month award no later than the Monday after move-in day of each semester. They also must send reminder emails about the award each month at least a week before the nominee submission is due. This award should be announced by the BSC President each board training that is held to make sure Board Directors are well informed about the award, as well as announce it at any general manager training the BSC President attends. Managers and Board Directors are expected to inform their units about this award and forward emails to their members about the award. If there is a month with no nominations submitted, the following month may have two co-opers selected.
Nomination and award process: Nominations shall be solicited from all co-op properties, including the apartments and shall be due the Friday before the last day of each month. Applicants will be reviewed and selected by ETCom at a regularly scheduled ETCom meeting the following week. ETCom has the option to empower two members of the committee to review and select the recipients. The VPET shall announce the winner each month at Cabinet and Board. Up to $500 (combined) from the Co-oper of the Month fund that can be used each semester to award the nominees selected.
Recognition: When a member is selected as “Co-oper of the Month” they shall be presented in the Member Resources Newsletter with a description of what they demonstrated to receive the award. This must be done no later than the second newsletter of the following month.
- Nominee’s Co-op:
- Nominee’s Email:
- Nominee’s Phone:
- Nominated by (co-op):
- Name of person submitting form:
- Email of person submitting form:
- Phone of person submitting form:
- Statement about the nominee: Please describe why you are nominating this person for the Cooper of the Month. Use at least two of topics below to explain (100 - 500 words):
- 1. The nominee’s outstanding leadership/ innovative idea/ project(s)/ program(s)
- 2. How the above has impacted your co-op, the BSC, and/or the larger community
- 3. How you/ the nominee has created a lasting change in your co-op or the BSC.
- 4. If the innovative leadership/ project(s)/ idea(s) was part of a workshift or paid position, how the nominee has gone above and beyond his/her/your duties:
- 5. How your/the nominee’s leadership/ project(s)/ idea(s) fosters the cooperative spirit.