VI.J. BSC Programs Board
BSC Programs Board
The Programs Board is responsible for planning and executing BSC-wide programming in order to foster member education and engagement across the entire organization. Additionally, the Programs Board is responsible for encouraging BSC-wide community building by fostering co-oper pan identity within the membership. Specifically, the Programs Board should strive to coordinate a minimum of five events each academic year that are social and/or educational in nature. By doing this, the Programs Board should also strive to develop events that are both well-attended and well-received by the BSC membership.
- 1. Duties and Responsibilities of the Programs Board
- a. The Programs Board shall work work directly with the the Member Resources Coordinator (MRC) primary, and when necessary shall work with Cooperative Experience Manager (CExM), and other relevant parties within and outside the organization, in order to fulfill its duties as a programming body. They will consult with the Member Resources Coordinator on what sort of programming should be planned and executed in a given contract period. In addition, they will work with the Member Resources Department to both advertise and execute the events developed by the Programs Board.
- b. The Programs Board shall be supervised by the Member Resources Coordinator. The Programs Board will be chaired by the Social Manager Coordinator (SMC) who will be tasked with facilitating meetings, maintaining communication between parties, supervising the Programs Board, and ensuring that programming is being planned and executed.
- c. At the beginning of the Fall and Spring contract period, the Programs Board will develop a semester-long program calendar with the Member Resources Coordinator. The program calendar should outline the Programs Board’s events for the respective contract period and include itemized budgets for each event. Additional funding may be provided by ETCom or other available funds from other external sources.
- d. The Programs Board shall have a Programming Budget in order to coordinate and execute events developed by the Programs Board. The Programs Board and Member Resources Coordinator shall have total discretion on how the budget is spent, but it must be approved by the Member Resources Coordinator. Additional funds may be provided by other budgets, but must be brought forward to the Member Resources Coordinator. In addition, they should solicit funds from units in the case that multiple units are collaborating for a major inter-unit event.
- 2. Composition and Compensation of the Programs Board
- a. The Programs Board shall be composed by the following: the Member Resources Coordinator, the Social Manager Coordinator and (3-4) members, preferencing current and/or former Social Managers from the entire organization. The Cooperative Experience Manager will be an additional adviser to the Programs Board (when needed).
- b. Ideally, the Programs Board should be composed of current and/or former Social Managers from various units and size. The Cooperative Experience Manager, Member Resources Coordinator, and the Social Manager Coordinator have total discretion on the recruitment and selection of the Programs Board. However, the composition of the Programs Board must be finalized by week 3 of the contract period.
- c. Programs Board members will be compensated at the workshift rate for 12 hours each week to be allotted among the programs board members at the discretion of the Social Manager Coordinator and the Member Resources Coordinator during the fall and spring contract periods.