VI.I. Twin Pines Award (Pilot)
A. Intention The Twin Pines Award is meant to provide a fun, engaging, educational, and social incentive to encourage new members to venture outside the boundaries of their house or apartment and familiarize themselves with the happenings and workings of the larger BSC community. The program will be piloted from Summer 2012 to Spring 2013, and will be considered for permanent implementation in Spring 2013.
B. Program Structure
- 1. All new members will receive an activity card along with their Owner’s Manual. The activity cards will include a list of eligible activities (described below in section C).
- 2. During the course of their first semester, members may progress towards the award by participating in any of the qualifying activities listed on the card.
- 3. When attending any of the qualifying activities, the new members are responsible for ensuring that the appropriate individual (indicated on the activity card) signs the card to verify their participation.
- 4. Once members complete at least six (6) of the activities on the card, they may submit the card to one of the receptionists at the BSC’s Central Office. The receptionist should store the card for future use in determining unit participation.
- 5. Upon receipt of a completed activity card, the receptionist will give the member their award, and the member will become eligible for any further prizes The awards will be kept by the Central Office front desk (or in an alternative readily accessible location).
- 6. The cards should be kept at the Central Office. At the end of the Fall and Spring contract periods, the units with the highest percentage of new members completing the award program (divided into Small, Medium, and Large units) should receive additional recognition, as determined by ETCom.