V: Assignment of Spaces
A. Room reservations shall be granted to members and applicants, in the order listed below. Priority shall be determined on the basis of seniority first, and application number second. Members in each unit shall have priority for that unit as long as all reservation deadlines are met.
- 1. Old members returning who have points who wish to either transfer or remain in the same unit.
- 2. Members who have resided in the BSC for more than the last four weeks of the previous contract period.
- 3. Members who have boarded in the BSC for more than the last four weeks of the previous contract period.
- 4. Students participating in a University (or other academic institution) authorized program to aid underrepresented or economically disadvantaged students (including but not limited to E.O.P.) or students with disabilities.
- 5. International students in Education Abroad Programs
- 6. Current or prior members in good standing of student cooperatives which either a) are affiliated with the BSC or NASCO, or b) offer (or are considering offering) reciprocal priority for current or prior members in good standing of the BSC.
- 7. Other new applicants.
B. When all available reservations have been accepted, the Housing Supervisor shall establish the remaining applications as a Last Minute Waiting List.
C. BSC room and board contracts shall be non-transferable. Violation of this covenant shall result in immediate forfeiture of the entire deposit, the contract shall be terminated, and the member shall be liable for room and board charges until replaced.
D. Apartment sublets shall not be allowed. Violation of this covenant shall result in immediate forfeiture of the entire deposit, the lease shall be terminated, and the member shall be liable for rent charges until an eligible replacement assumes his/her contract.
E. A person in a room and board house may exchange contracts with another person in a room and board house at any time during the term provided the following conditions are met:
- 1. The workshift managers of both houses are informed.
- 2. Both members notify the BSC office prior to the move.
- 3. They will not have their points activated until four weeks after checking into the new house.
- 4. There is a $25.00 fine for people who fail to notify the BSC office of a change in house.
- 5. A transfer fee of $25 is paid
- 6. All transfers shall be done according to current policies.
- 7. Gender parity in units must be maintained.
- 8. Members who transfer between houses must keep their traded contracts for at least 30 days; otherwise the trade will be rescinded.
F. Studio / one-bedroom apartments at apartment complexes may not be exchanged.
G. No room and board member can get a room-only contract during the academic year
H. Preferred Theme House Placement for Wilde House: applicants who place Wilde House first on their housing application will be given first priority in the housing placement after squatters,
I. Preferred Theme House Placement for African-American Theme House:
- a. Applicants who place African-American Theme House first on their housing application and declare themselves as African American Studies or Ethnic Studies (Chicano/Latin Studies, Asian American Studies or Native American Studies) declared/intended Majors or Minors will be given first priority in the housing placement after squatters.
- b. Furthermore, applicants who place African-American Theme House first on their housing application, and declare themselves affiliated with a social organization that is allied with African American Theme House, will receive the same priority as an African American or Ethnic Studies Major.
- c. Applicants who place African-American Theme House first on their housing application and do not declare themselves as any of the aforementioned categories will be given priority over applicants who do not place African-American Theme House as their first preference.
J. Members and new applicants receiving Fall assignment during the Summer shall have the option of accepting the assignment and remaining on the waiting list for other choices