General Job Description: The Produce Coordinator packs produce, dried fruit, and seeds & nuts orders and maintains inventory control of these items.
Required Scheduling Availability: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 8 am - 12 pm
- Receive produce deliveries; communicating any discrepancies to CFS Supervisor.
- Coordinate and supervise a team of workshifters in packing produce, seeds, and nuts orders.
- Rotate stock, trim and discard produce as appropriate.
- Communicate shorts, overages, and losses to the CFS Supervisor and Assistant CFS Supervisor as necessary.
- Monitor stock of packing supplies; coordinate with other CFS staff to re-order items as necessary.
- After each packing shift, ensure that Dried Fruit and Nuts are sealed so as to retain freshness.
- Maintain clean, sanitary, and organized working areas and tools, including refrigerators and freezers, tables, counters, and scales. Report maintenance needs to CFS Supervisor.
- Produce accurate receiving, order processing, and inventory records; report discrepancies to CFS Supervisor.
- Assist other CFS workers when necessary.
- Be responsible for security of the office, work area, and refrigerators when other crews are not working.
- Perform other duties as requested by CFS Supervisor or Assistant CFS Supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of produce and other perishables, including quality, storage requirements, and appropriate substitutes
- Some knowledge of BSC food service and/or other food distribution systems
- Well organized, reliable, responsible
- Ability to count accurately and keep accurate records
- Ability and willingness to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Ability to work well with people in a team situation
- Good oral and written communication skills
Term of Job: Indefinite; Fall & Spring Semesters Only
Hours Per Week: 12 hours per week
Hired By: Hiring Committee
Supervised By: CFS Supervisor
Compensation: Workshift Rate
Contract: Personnel Code