IV.Q. BSC Emergency Grant Program
From BSC Policy
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 16:14, 3 November 2016 by WikiSysop (Created page with "==1. The Grant Fund== :a. Emergency grants shall be funded through the Scholarship Fund. See §IV.P.1 of the Policy Directory. :b. At the end of the fiscal year, any unused...")
1. The Grant Fund
- a. Emergency grants shall be funded through the Scholarship Fund. See §IV.P.1 of the Policy Directory.
- b. At the end of the fiscal year, any unused funds that had been allotted for grants shall be rolled into the Scholarship Fund.
2. Grant Funding
- a. The emergency grant program shall be funded out of the annual distribution of funds from the scholarship program.
- b. The exact amount budgeted for emergency grants shall be decided by the Capital and Finance Committee.
3. Grant Applications
- a. Current members may apply for emergency grants at any time, unless they could reasonably apply for a traditional BSC Scholarship.
- b. Applications shall be made through the traditional Administrative Committee request process.
- c. The Administrative Committee Chair, Administrative Member Advisor, and Operations Manager may identify good candidates for emergency grants even if they have not specifically applied for a grant.
4. Awarding Grants
- a. Grant applications shall be awarded by consensus of the Administrative Committee Chair, the Operations Manager, and the Administrative Member Advisor.
- b. Grants shall only be awarded upon the determination of dire unexpected financial need such that, given cost of living expenses and without a grant, the applicant would be unable to remain a member of the BSC.
- c. Only in exceptional circumstances should grants be awarded to members not in good standing, e.g. members paying off excessive house bills, in danger of conduct/student status/workshift termination, etc.
- d. There is no mandate to disburse the entirety of the grant fund each year.
- e. No single grant may exceed $1,000.00, though the amount need not be limited to the charges currently on the applicant’s account.
- f. No member may receive a grant more than once per academic year.
5. Grant Distribution
- a. Emergency Grants shall be distributed only as rent credit to the applicant’s account and shall only offset rent, room, and/or board charges.
- b. Emergency Grants shall not be distributed in any form other than credits to the member’s account.