IV.O. Habitability Accounts
From BSC PolicyJump to navigationJump to search
- 1. Each unit shall have a Habitability Account funded by unit-level workshift fines.
- a. All workshift fines at houses shall go into the habitability account
- b. 1/3 of the workshift fines at Rochdale and Fenwick shall go into the habitability account
- c. No workshift fines at NSC shall go into the habitability account.
- 2. Habitability Accounts shall be protected accounts, with any excess funds rolling over to the following semester and any deficits being deducted from the House Account at the end of each term.
- 3. Habitability Account funds may only be used to correct habitability issues and/or improve the general condition of the unit. Examples of eligible expenses include, but are not limited to: paid workshift, deep cleanings, materials and supplies for approved H.I. projects, small-scale capital improvement projects, landscaping/gardening projects, etc.
- 4. Approval and disbursal of Habitability Account funds shall occur as follows:
- a. Paid Workshift
- i. Each unit shall have access to a pre-determined amount of funds for immediate paid workshift, (25 hours for small units, 50 hours for medium units and 75 hours for large units, per semester).
- ii. All paid workshift must be processed through the central-level Bookkeeping Department.
- iii. Workshift Managers shall be responsible for keeping track of paid workshift records, (e.g. member names, tasks and hours completed, dates, etc.), and must submit these records to the Operations Assistant each week.
- b. Unit-Level Requests
- i. Unit councils may develop proposals for use of the Habitability Account at any time. Such proposals shall be reviewed by and subject to the approval of the Operations Manager or his/her designee, taking into account the overall needs of the unit.
- c. Habitability Corrections and Projects
- i. The Operations Assistant and Operations Manager may authorize the use of Habitability Account funds in order to address deficiencies identified during habitability inspections and/or during non-contract periods, as outlined in the Habitability Policy.
- a. Paid Workshift
[Board approved 5/8/14.]