I. DEFINITIONS AND CLASSIFICATIONS OF POSITIONS
A. CENTRAL LEVEL MEMBER EMPLOYEE
- i. A BSC member employed by the BSC who is compensated in other than a wage form (i.e. workshift or Room and Board), with the exception of the President and Vice Presidents, and other positions designated by the Board of Directors.
- ii. Hourly employee – An employee expected to work a specific number of hours per week, regardless of the tasks performed.
- iii. Stipend employee – An employee expected to perform specific tasks, regardless of the number of hours involved.
- iv. Workshift Employee – A member who performs all or part of his/her workshift obligation in a position performed at the Central Level.
B. HOUSE LEVEL EMPLOYEES A BSC member elected or hired by a house who is compensated in other than a wage form (i.e. workshift or room and board).
C. MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS
- i. Managers as used in the Personnel Code shall refer to the Executive Director and Operations Manager and /or his/her designee(s).
- ii. Direct Supervisor – An employee responsible for the supervision of other employees in their department.
D. PERSONNEL APPEALS COMMITTEE The primary body that hears personnel appeals and interprets the personnel code.
E. MEMBER HIRING COMMITTEE The body that handles BSC Member Hiring.
[Updated 04/25/13, 04/12/12]