I.A.8. NON-EXECUTIVE CABINET MEMBER
Non-executive Cabinet members act as voting members at Cabinet meetings, coordinate a semester-long dinner series, and act as a resource to BSC members. During fall and spring semesters, 2 serving Directors will be elected to Cabinet by the Board of Directors. Non-executive Cabinet members are expected to make fair, judicious, and reasoned decisions in all voting matters. Non-executive Cabinet Members for Spring shall take office at midnight of the last day of the contract period in which they were elected, and terminate at midnight of the last day of the contract period of their term of office. Fall Non-executive Cabinet members shall take office at midnight on the last day of the Summer contract period and terminate at midnight on the last day of the Fall contract period.
- 1. Attend regular meetings of Cabinet.
- 2. Familiarize oneself with BSC Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and policies.
- 3. Coordinate a semester-long dinner series.
- a. Publicize dinners at different BSC properties throughout the semester.
- b. Ensure that members of the Cabinet and the Board attend NECM dinners.
- c. Use dinners as a member resource where members can learn about central-level projects.
- 4. Make themselves available as a resource to BSC members.
Term of position: One Semester (Fall, Spring)
Hired by: Board election
Eligibility: Only sitting Directors are eligible to serve as non-executive Cabinet members.
Expected Hours/Week: Five (5) hours per Cabinet meeting, plus (1) hour per week for responsibilities associated with dinner coordination.
Compensation: 3 hours per week in addition to 5 hours per week as Director.