I.A.8. NON-EXECUTIVE CABINET MEMBER
Non-executive Cabinet members act as voting members at Cabinet meetings, coordinate the work of the Dinner Network for Education and Resources, and act as a resource to BSC members. During fall and spring semesters, 2 serving Directors will be elected to Cabinet by the Board of Directors. Non-executive Cabinet members are expected to make fair, judicious, and reasoned decisions in all voting matters. Cabinet members at large for Spring shall take office at midnight of the last day of the contract period in which they were elected, and terminate at midnight of the last day of the contract period of their term of office. Fall Non-executive Cabinet members shall take office at midnight on the last day of the Summer contract period and terminate at midnight on the last day of the Fall contract period.
- 1. Attend regular meetings of Cabinet.
- 2. Familiarize oneself with BSC Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and policies.
- 3. Coordinate the “Dinner Network for Education and Resources” (DinNER), supervised by the VPET.
- a. Publicize and recruit members to the team at the end of the semester, for the upcoming semester.
- b. Coordinate meetings of the DinNER, and ensure that the members of the team are being helpful and supportive of house management.
- 4. Oversee the process of giving the “Hal Norton Award” every Spring semester.
- 5. Make themselves available as a resource to BSC members.
Term of position: One Semester (Fall, Spring)
Hired by: Board election
Eligibility: Only sitting Directors are eligible to serve as non-executive Cabinet members.
Expected Hours/Week: Five (5) hours per Cabinet meeting (generally held every other week), plus (1) hour per week for responsibilities associated with the DinNER.
Compensation: 3 hours per week in addition to 5 hours per week as Director.
[Board approved 4/16/15.]