Difference between revisions of "I.A.8. NON-EXECUTIVE CABINET MEMBER"
m (moved I.A.10. CABINET-AT-LARGE MEMBER (revised 5/7/2009; 04/26/12) to I.A.8. CABINET-AT-LARGE MEMBER (revised 5/7/2009; 04/26/12))
Revision as of 21:23, 22 April 2014
Cabinet-at-Large members act as voting members at Cabinet meetings, coordinate the work of the Dinner Network for Education and Resources, and act as a resource to BSC members. During fall and spring semesters, 2 at-large members will be elected to Cabinet by the Board of Directors. At-large members are expected to make fair, judicious, and reasoned decisions in all voting matters. Cabinet members at large for Spring shall take office at midnight of the last day of the contract period in which they were elected, and terminate at midnight of the last day of the contract period of their term of office. Fall Cabinet at-Large members shall take office at midnight on the last day of the Summer contract period and terminate at midnight on the last day of the Fall contract period.
- 1. Attend regular meetings of Cabinet.
- 2. Familiarize oneself with BSC By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation, and policies.
- 3. Coordinate the “Dinner Network for Education and Resources,” supervised by the VPET.
- a. Publicize and recruit members to the team at the end of the semester, for the upcoming semester.
- b. Coordinate meetings of the DinNER, and ensure that the members of the team are being helpful and supportive of house management.
- 4. Oversee the process of giving the “Hal Norton Award” every Spring semester.
Term of position: One Semester (Fall, Spring, Summer)
Hired by: Board election
Eligibility: Must be eligible BSC member
Expected Hours/Week: Five (5) hours per Cabinet meeting (generally held every other week), plus (1) hour per week for responsibilities associated with the DinNER.
Compensation: Workshift rate for each hour of work on described duties.
[Board approved 12/12/13]