I.A.2. BSC Executive Job Description
Executive Administrative Tasks
- 1. Initiate and carry out other projects and tasks as necessary. Facilitate the movement of those projects from inception to completion in committee, Cabinet, and at the Board. Work with relevant stakeholders to gather support for proposals, respond to requests for information, and explain the work to the BSC community.
- 2. Interact frequently with Staff Managers.
- 3. Meet regularly with their committee’s designated manager.
- 4. Send out an agenda for each committee meetings at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Review & edit committee minutes prior to their distribution; email to President.
- 5. Prepare a detailed exit document or add to the existing document two weeks prior to the end of the Spring contract period and pass on all pertinent materials to their successor by the end of the Spring contract period.
Executive Board and Committee Tasks
- 1. Attend all Board and Cabinet meetings.
- 2. Chair all meetings of their designated committees. Conduct necessary research for the smooth functioning of designated committees.
- 3. Report to the Board of Directors regarding all actions of designated committees. Actively bring problems with current structure of policy to the attention of committees.
- 4. Place urgent issues on Cabinet agendas.
- 5. Insure that items from committees are consistent with and/or work towards the BSC Strategic Plan.
- 6. As Cabinet assist the President and Executive Director with work on the BSC Strategic Plan.
- 7. Work on self-initiated and/or President assigned tasks and projects.
- 8. After elections, newly elected executives must attend cabinet meetings as schedules allow.
Other Executive Tasks
- 1. Attend the semesterly training for the Board of Directors & assist the President with training.
- 2. Attend any General Membership meetings called by the Board of Directors or Membership.
- 3. Assist the other Executives in the performance of their duties and fill in for them as required by the President/Cabinet.
- 4. Continually update and maintain a dialogue with the position’s supervisor on current projects, successes and challenges.
* NOTE ON EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION Eighty percent of the stated compensation is guaranteed. The remaining twenty percent is withheld and subject to a compensation election(s) by the Board during the semester.