Difference between revisions of "Accounting/Office Supervisor"
(Board approved 11/12/15.)
Revision as of 11:17, 12 May 2021
General Job Description:
The Bookkeeping Supervisor oversees the entire bookkeeping operation at the Central Level, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. S/he is responsible for the work flow in the Bookkeeping Department and supervises all workers in the Bookkeeping Department.
Job Maintenance Tasks:
- 1. Oversee the Accounts Receivable operation to ensure that all fiduciary responsibilities that pertain to member’s account are followed through.
- 2. Oversee the Accounts Payable operation to ensure that all fiduciary responsibilities that pertain to outside vendors and the BSC, including the compilation of auditable payment to procurement documentation, are followed through.
- 3. Oversees the Bookkeeping Assistant to ensure that all fiduciary responsibilities that pertain to cost distribution processes are followed.
- 4. Prepare general ledger closings as required by the Finance & Accounting Manager.
- 5. Collaborate with the Finance & Accounting Manager in compiling required reports and schedules for the annual audit process.
- 6. Maintain and reconcile monthly credit card and bank statements for both the general account and alumni/donations.
- 7. Work with outside collection agencies in dealing with bad debts and write offs.
- 8. Work with the university financial aid office in establishing alternate payment due dates for financial aid recipients.
- 9. Hire, discipline and fire employees of the Bookkeeping Department in accordance with the BSC EA contract and Personnel Code.
- 10. Maintain an Operations Manual detailing the proper routine tasks of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- 11. Provide input regarding information technology and program modifications to ensure that the Department’s needs are met.
- 12. Provide efficiency in the workplace for Central Office by fulfilling office management functions including, but not limited to: managing office equipment, vehicle check-out, key distribution, maintenance of files and archives, managing staff parking, and supervising the central office cleaning workshift(s).
- 13. Actively foster a strong financial team relationship with the Executive Director and Finance and Accounting Manager
- 14. Act as a backup and assist with HR-related duties pertaining to payroll and employment taxes, as needed.
- 15. Coordinate and produce payroll reports for the annual workers compensation audits and for state-mandated reporting as required.
- 16. Coordinate with the Operations Manager, Housing and other departments as necessary.
- 17. Other projects as determined by the Finance & Accounting Manager.
Relationship with Board/Membership:
- 1. Provide information and answer inquiries from houses, members, and public regarding bookkeeping operations.
- 2. Consult with Board and committees on various policies as necessary.
- 3. Keep relevant statistics and report to Board and management as necessary.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance:
- 1. Thorough knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Bookkeeping.
- 2. Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- 3. Attention to detail and follow-through.
- 4. Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and database experience.
- 5. Ability to type at least 50 words per minute and operate a 10-key calculator quickly and accurately.
- 6. Ability to acquire familiarity with BSC revenue and expenses, compensation systems, chart of accounts, and regularly ordered goods/services.
- 7. Ability to work independently, adhere to deadlines, and prioritize multiple demands.
- 8. Good oral and written communication skills.
- 9. Patience, thoroughness, and tact.
- 10. Ability to interact with a diverse array of individuals and students in particular.
- 11. Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- 12. ADP or payroll software training.
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- 1. Four years of accounts receivable and accounts payable experience.
- 2. Four-year college degree.
- 3. Combination of education and/or experience may be substituted above.
Work is performed in a normal office environment and requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, 10-key calculator, and engage in repetitive motions.
Term of Job: Indefinite
Expected Hours per Week: Full Time, Exempt
Basic Wage Range: Salaried, Level 14 through 20
Hired By: Staff Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Finance and Accounting Manager
Working Conditions By: BSC EA
Revised: Fall 2015