XVII: The Administrative Committee
XVII.A. Composition of the Committee
1. The AdHoc Committee shall consist of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Member Advisor, and the Administrative Committee Chair.
2. All decisions made by the AdHoc Committee must be made by consensus. All cases which fail to reach consensus will be heard by the appeals body for a final, un-appealable decision.
XVII.B. Duties of the Committee
1. The AdHoc Committee shall interpret and apply the provisions of the Administrative Code and all sections of the Member Contract except section 24.
2. The AdHoc Committee may compensate a member at the unit’s expense, e.g. for habitability problems, improper fining, etc.
3. The AdHoc Committee must be trained in the Administrative Code, procedure, mock cases, and anti-oppression.
4. The AdHoc Committee may screen cases out only for being incomplete, and only by consensus.
XVII.C. Exceptions to Policy
1. In addition to the duties already mentioned in the Administrative Code, the AdHoc Committee has the authority to depart from the Administrative Code in unusual circumstances only if all other sections of this code, the BSC contract, Bylaws, and the Articles of Incorporation have been followed without resolution, or to decide cases of unusual circumstances for which the Administrative Code makes no provisions. This must be done only where a specific gap in policy which AdHoc believes should be remedied for all members exists.
2. When this section of the code is cited in an AdHoc or Appeals Committee decision, the circumstances and motivation for the exception must be stated in the motion and a policy change proposal which would have covered the exception must be made to IACom or SumCom (whichever is in session).
XVII.D. Quorum and Voting
1. A quorum of a simple majority of the committee members must be present for a vote to be valid.
2. The chairperson of the Administrative Committee, the Operations Manager, and the Administrative Member Advisor may not vote.
XVII.E. Board of Directors Review of Administrative Committee
1. When AdCom consistently makes exceptions to particular sections of the code, the Chair and OM must bring suggested policy changes to the attention of an appropriate Board committee.