VII.B. BSC Antidiscrimination Policy
- The BSC, consistent with its policies and governing law, promotes institutional diversity and pluralism by promoting equitable access to opportunity through policies such as open membership to room and board and affirmative action in hiring.
- Unlawful acts of discrimination or harassment are prohibited.
- In addition, the BSC community holds itself to certain standards of conduct more stringent than those mandated by law. Thus, even if not illegal, acts are prohibited under this policy if they discriminate against any BSC community member(s) through inappropriate limitation of employment opportunity, access to BSC residential facilities or participation in social, educational, house, organizational or other BSC activities on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or weight.
- Units are responsible for ensuring they do not host discriminatory unit-level events.
- Employees or members who feel the anti-discrimination policy has been violated should inform their supervisor, a house official, or any Central Level Manager.
[Board approved 4/16/15.]